Sunday, March 14, 2010

on location in surrey

This Is Vancouver On Line


The Incident


My friends since (May 2003) I have had the pleasure of bringing you news and profiles of life in and around Vancouver. From the fascinating night life to the gritty, seedy hubs where moral decency has given way to crime, addiction and lasciviousness, I attempted to cover it all.

The filmmaker in me knows no boundaries, only the lure of telling a good story and going to any length to get the shot. While seeking raw footage for a documentary about a young lady strung out on crack, I had hoped to document the vile recesses of the nocturnal narcotics world and then follow this beautiful yet fallen spirit on her road to recovery.

Instead I was viciously attacked by (3) assailants who left me with a cracked skull,
bruised ribs, 17 stitches and a list of superficial injuries and I was robbed of my camera equipment and several personal items . Though I escaped with my life, I still had remorse for a job left undone. My star, already frightened and confused, is even more flustered and bemused. What will become of our deal? Would I still be able to make a great film about a life restored? Now the mission shift required complete and immediate recovery of my camera equipment so that I can continue to document the good, the bad, the ugly and sometimes the dangerous life that is Vancouver.

I am healing from my injuries but my heart is calling me back to the set.

List of Needed Items:
1. Video camera
2. Digital camera
3. Memory sticks for camera
4. Cell Phone
5. Parabolic Mic


Click here to donate camera equipment:

Click here to donate funds:

1 comment:

www.thisisvancouveronline.ca said...

http://www.facebook.com/thisisvancouveronline?ref=profile#!/album.php?aid=401100&id=698605594&ref=mf